Search This Blog

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Is Prince Charles' 3425 tonnes of CO2 justified?

Dear Prince Charles,

Please pass on my thanks to your staff for replying to my last letter.

I am delighted to receive the annual review of “The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall for 2007.” I have read it in detail, and Miss Buchanan is correct in her assumption that I would find it of interest. In particular, I find the statistics on page 9 of particular interest where the document quotes that the Households carbon emissions are 3,425 tonnes of CO2, but that these are not audited in any way.

This is clearly somewhat higher than my emissions, which I estimate to be around about 1 tonne.

Given the disparity between the Royal Households emissions and mine, I request a break down of the analysis that has been used to derive the quoted figure in your report. Also, can you confirm if these emissions include reductions associated with carbon offsetting.

A copy of this letter will be published on my blog, http://www.kevsclimatecolumn.blogspot.com/, please note that you have my permission to put a copy of my letter your web site.

Regards,


Kevin Lister

---------Text of letter from Prince Charles Office------------

Dear Mr Lister

Thank you for your letter of the 14th October to The Prince of Wales. I do not think there is anything more that I can add to my letter of the 4th October, but I am enclosing a copy of His Royal Highness's Annual Review so that you can see more about his work, which I think might be of interest to you.


I will not be putting a copy of this letter on any public website, because it is personal and private to you -I would never consider doing otherwise and particularly not without your permission.

No comments: